Monday, March 2, 2009

UPSC Chairman is an AMU Alumni!

Adaab to all,

It was indeed great to hear one of the ZHCET girl student was on
ISRO's Chandrayaan Mission. It is commendable and must have been a
motivating factor to many of AMU's past & present students.

Nevertheless, I am wondering if AMU Old Boys Association knows the
fact that the current UPSC (Union Public Service Commission) Chairman
viz., Prof (Dr) D. P Agarwal, is an alumni of AMU's Z. H. College of
Engineering. He also belongs to Aligarh City and graduated from ZHCET
in late 1960s or early 1970s. I know him from the time I joined IIT,
Delhi after doing my B.Sc & M.Sc in Physics from AMU. I met Dr.
Agarwal and till I was in India had an excellent relationship with
him & his family.

I wonder if AMU ever thought of inviting him for any advise related
to its students' career prospects with Central Govt avenues. I will
strongly recommend that Dr. Agarwal should be invited both by Z H
College of Enginering as well as AMU's Academic Council and presented
with an award for bringing name & fame to AMU.

Khuda Hafiz,
Ahmad Cameron
B.Sc & M.Sc Physics 1970-75
Toronto, Canada



AMU Network's messages may be forwarded to other newsgroups and e-mailed to others, provided that they are not edited, and author name, and URL http://groups.yahoo.com/group/AMUNetwork/ are included.

No comments:

Post a Comment